Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Walk To Remember

Today is International Walk to School Day. The Fayette County Health Dept. is offering money to schools that have the highest percentage of walkers to school today. Elisabeth's school sent a notice home yesterday encouraging parents to walk to school with their children this morning. We live too far way to walk from home but did park about a mile from Elisabeth's school and walked from there.

I found our walk so uplifting. Here I was, walking with my beautiful girl on a crisp fall day, all the while marveling at how joyous I felt by this small task. It was truly moving to see so many parents walking with their children, both young kids and older kids alike. It was such a bonding experience and a reminder to me how simple tasks can have the most impact.

Elisabeth was so excited to tell the office assistant that she had walked to school. Our short little twenty minute walk has left a very meaningful impression on both of us. Hopefully we helped raise a little money for her school as well.

No comments: