This morning I woke up and checked my email with intentions of posting some sort of cheery Christmas greeting. Perhaps I would have even posted some interesting Christmas story I found on the net. But when I opened my email, I found out that a little boy we know had succumbed to a lengthy battle with cancer. I decided not to put such a cheery message in this post. In fact, it's taken me a few hours to get back to the computer.
This little boy was 5 years old, only 2 months younger than my own little girl. He was full of such wonderful spirit and was so incredibly sweet. I will forever keep him, his family and the many people that loved him in my heart. He valiantly fought through a terrible disease and in the process, brought together many people to do good.
So today, on Christmas Eve, I can not say Merry Christmas to you because I am sad. But I do want to say this: Be thankful. Hug your kids tighter. Live in the moment. Relish each day. Live from your heart. Don't be harsh on yourself. Put the laundry down. Read to your kids. Snuggle with your husband. Give love. Dare to hope.
And to you our sweet little friend.....your life was hard but we engulfed you with our love every step of the way. No pain now, just rest. God holds you close now sweet boy.



No comments:
Post a Comment