Here I am with the phone to my ear while I type this, waiting for the pediatrician's office to pick up so I can schedule a sick visit for Elisabeth. She is off from school today so I had already planned to spend the day with her. I'm not missing a day of work but we had planned to spend the day bonding over lunch as well as some window shopping.
Well, she lured me in by saying we could do some window shopping but I full well know that is not what would have happened once we arrived at the mall.
We may not be able to have the day we planned but we will share more simple moments as I hold her close. We will get a chance to slow down and share a full conversation instead of pieces flying by as we run out the door.
I am constantly amazed at how I am reminded to embrace the simple things during times that are hectic in my life. Someone will get sick or something else will happen that will force me to slow down.
So today, on Inspirational Friday, I want you pause and look at the world around you. Take time to breathe in the simple things. Notice the beauty that you pass by every day. Even with all the heartbreak and craziness, this is still a beautiful world we live in.



1 comment:
Yes, yes, yes!
Post a Comment